First Swim practice will be Monday, Nov. 14, 2016 @ 3:00pm.
PARENT AND ATHLETE INFORMATION
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 4:45pm on the pool deck
- Sports physical and participation paperwork must be turned in to the high school office before our first practice. This also requires a $15 participation fee. Athletes will be given a permit to practice and the medical emergency card to give to me on the first day of practice. Athletes cannot start practicing unless I have this in hand. Forms can be picked up at the office or printed online.
- Practice starts at 3:00 on Nov. 16th. One swim cap for competition will be provided. Competition swim suits have been chosen and will need to be purchased on the first day of practice. The cost is $45. Fitting of the suits will take place at practice. Purchasing of practice suits, swim caps, and goggles are responsibility of the athlete.
- The calendar of swim practice times and meets can be found on the “boys swim” page under the Athletics section on the district web site. Participation in morning practices is expected.
- Parents are always needed to assist with home meets. Please arrive early and check in to find out what you can do to help.
- There will be a fundraiser this year. Details coming soon.
- There will be a need for families to host dinners before certain home meets. A sign up list will go out to all. There is also a need for “fuel up” snacks for away meets that will also have a sign up list.
The 2016-17 school year forms and eligibility video will be available on-line starting July 20th. Each student-athlete and parent/guardian are required to watch the eligibility video and sign all required forms in order to participate in Shawano Athletics for the 2016-17 school year.
Each program will host Parent meetings to address sport specific policies and expectations. All required forms must be on file and verified in the High School office before beginning practice!
Forms and the video link may be found here.
Varsity Head Coach: Jeff Easter
Varsity Asst. Coach: Jon Yearwood