On May 16, 2016, Miron Construction annouced the following sub-contractors for #ProjectSCMS:
Bid Package A: Design Assist - HVAC, August Winters and Sons, Inc.
Bid Package B: Design Assist - Plumbing August Winters and Sons, Inc.
Bid Package C: Hydraulic Elevators, Otis Elevator and Company
Bid Package D: Electrical/Communications, Radtke Reuter Electric, LLC.
- Fire Alarm Base Bid, Tyco - Simplex Grinnell
Bid Package E: General Construction Package, Miron Construction Co., Inc.
Miron Construction also shared the following project updates with the Shawano Board of Education:
- All hallway ceilings have been removed.
- All main heating and cooling distribution lines have been installed in the hallway ceilings.
- Several branch lines have been run into classrooms
- Both boilers and all ancillary components have been removed. Total weight of all these pieces was approximately 40,000 lbs.
- Many areas of asbestos containing materials have been professionally removed.
- The drama arts room has been demolished including the raised floor that was installed.
- The stairs to the mezzanine from the commons have been removed
- The chain link fencing on the mezzanine has been removed as well as one of the block walls.
- Parts of the old locker room area have been removed. Some parts of the boys physical education locker room have been removed.
- Work has begun in the athletic locker room to remove the ceilings and mechanical equipment above it.
- Other small areas have been demolished in preparation for the upcoming work.