SHAWANO COMMUNITY MIDDLE SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
Friday, March 24, 2017
TODAY IS an “A” DAY
MARCH 25 Tomorrow is the Regional DI Competition
MARCH 27 Forensics meet @ Bonduel High School at 4:00
APRIL 3 BOGO Book Fair
APRIL 12 End of Grading Period 5
APRIL 18 Track meet at Oconto Falls @ 4:15 - Bus 3:00
There are FORTY NINE yearbooks left to order. First come, First serve. No additional yearbooks will be ordered. Students order your yearbooks now before they are all gone!!
There is a Yearbook meeting and group pictures on Monday, March ch 27th in Room 156 from 2:50-4:00.
Please return your uniform and head gear in a bag with your name on the bag to
Mrs. Mailahn in the office.
SHAWANO HAWKS BASEBALL CAMP
Attention 6th, 7th & 8th Grade Boys - The Shawano Hawks Baseball Camp is at the
Shawano High School on Saturday, April il 1st.
Stop in the Visitor Center to get your registration form.
WEIGHT TRAINING CLASS – SUMMER SCHOOL
This class will be focusing on speed, agility, and body weight strengthening exercises. A lot of the exercises focus on the little-used muscles which helps greatly in injury prevention.
Summer School registration forms are available in the Visitor Center or school office on the counter.
Last day to register is April 7th.
Reminder – You are able to enroll online for Summer School.
SHAWANO YOUTH LEAGUE SOFTBALL-BASEBALL-BABE RUTH REGISTRATION
Information/Registration forms are in the Visitor Center.
Deadline to register is Friday, March 24th.
HOT LUNCH – TODAY, MARCH 24
Classic Café: Build your own Burger, Assorted Toppings, Garlic Herb Broccoli; Diner Station: Variety of Burgers, Chicken & Other Hot Sandwiches; Fresh Choices: Entrée Salad w/Dinner Rolls or Fresh Made Sandwich; Creation Station: Made to Order Subs; Grab n’ Go: Chef Salad
BREAKFAST – MONDAY, MARCH 27
Breakfast Pizza or Uncrustable or Choice of Cereal or Choice of Cereal, Graham Crackers; Served w/Vegetable Choice, Fruit or Juice, Milk
HOT LUNCH – MONDAY, MARCH 27
Classic Café: Turkey Nacho Supreme, Corn Salad; Diner Station: Variety of Burgers, Chicken & Other Hot Sandwiches; Fresh Choices: Entrée Salad w/Dinner Rolls or Fresh Made Sandwich; Creation Station: Santa Fe Rice Bowls; Grab n’ Go: Garden Salad
WHAT BOOKS DO WE GET TO READ?
Official Battle of the Books
- The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Left Out by Tim Green
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- The Lie Tree by Frances Harding
- Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk
- Pax by Sara Pennypacker
- Nine, Ten: A September 11th Story by Nora Raleigh Baskin
- The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie
- Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Gutless by Carl Deuker
- Illuminae by Aimie Kaufman
- Hold Tight Don’t Let Go by Laura Rose Wagner
- War Dogs by Rebecca Frankel
- The Boys Who Challenged Hitler by Phillip Hoose
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
- Took by Mary Downing Hahn
- Terror at Battle Creek by Watt Key
- Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War
- Lockwood & Company The Screaming Staircase
- The Duel by Judith St. George
- Orbiting Jupiter by Gary Schmidt
- In the Shadow of Liberty by Kenneth Davis
- Ghosts by Raina Telegeimer
- Losers Take All by David Klass
- The Great War: Stories Inspired by Objects from the First World War
- Breakthrough: How Three People Saved Blue Babies and Changed Medicine Forever
- The Tyrant’s Daughter by J.C. Carleson
- The Inquisitor’s Tale by Adam Gidwitz
- Talking Leaves by Joseph Bruchac
- Quiet Power by Susan Cain
- The Sun is Also A Star by Marie Marquardt
- The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
To develop citizens who contribute to a global society through an individualized and lifelong learning partnership with the family, school, and community.