Monday, April 24, 2017
TODAY IS a “B” DAY
Track Meet at Seymour High School @ 4:15 – Bus 3:00
SCMS Orchestra Spring Concert at Shawano High School from 7:00-8:30 PM
SCMS Band Spring Concert at Shawano High School from 7:00-8:00 PM
BATTLE OF BOOKS
Battle of the Books is canceled for TODAY, April 24th, and moved to Tuesday, April 25th.
8TH GRADE SHAWANO HIGH SCHOOL CHEER TRYOUT INFORMATION
Practice clinics are on May 1st, May 2nd, & May 3rd in the Brener Commons from 6:00-8:00 PM.
Tryouts will be on Thursday, May 4th from 6:00-8:00 PM.
Information sheets in the Visitor’s Center.
SHAWANO STINGRAYS SWIM CLUB
Try swim club for FREE, April 24th and Wednesday, April 26th from 6:00 to 6:45 at the Shawano High School Pool.
There are only a few yearbooks left.
The cost is $30.00.
HOT LUNCH – TODAY, APR 21
Classic Café: Buffalo Chicken Wrap, Steam Corn, Rice Krispy Treat; Diner Station: Variety of Burgers, Chicken & Other Hot Sandwiches; Fresh Choices: Entrée Salad w/Dinner Rolls or Fresh Made Sandwich; Creation Station: Made to Order Subs; Grab n’ Go: Garden Salad
BREAKFAST – TUESDAY, APR 25
Banana Bread or Omelet w/Potato or Choice of Cereal, Graham Crackers; Served w/Vegetable Choice, Fruit or Juice, Milk
HOT LUNCH - TUESDAY, APR 25
Classic Café: Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, French Bread Slice; Diner Station: Variety of Burgers, Chicken & Other Hot Sandwiches; Fresh Choices: Entrée Salad w/Dinner Rolls or Fresh Made Sandwich; Pizza Parlor: Pepperoni or Cheese or Specialty Pizza; Grab n’ Go: BLT Salad
WHAT BOOKS DO WE GET TO READ?
Official Battle of the Books
- The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Left Out by Tim Green
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- The Lie Tree by Frances Harding
- Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk
- Pax by Sara Pennypacker
- Nine, Ten: A September 11th Story by Nora Raleigh Baskin
- The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie
- Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Gutless by Carl Deuker
- Illuminae by Aimie Kaufman
- Hold Tight Don’t Let Go by Laura Rose Wagner
- War Dogs by Rebecca Frankel
- The Boys Who Challenged Hitler by Phillip Hoose
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
- Took by Mary Downing Hahn
- Terror at Battle Creek by Watt Key
- Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War
- Lockwood & Company The Screaming Staircase
- The Duel by Judith St. George
- Orbiting Jupiter by Gary Schmidt
- In the Shadow of Liberty by Kenneth Davis
- Ghosts by Raina Telegeimer
- Losers Take All by David Klass
- The Great War: Stories Inspired by Objects from the First World War
- Breakthrough: How Three People Saved Blue Babies and Changed Medicine Forever
- The Tyrant’s Daughter by J.C. Carleson
- The Inquisitor’s Tale by Adam Gidwitz
- Talking Leaves by Joseph Bruchac
- Quiet Power by Susan Cain
- The Sun is Also A Star by Marie Marquardt
- The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
To develop citizens who contribute to a global society through an individualized and lifelong learning partnership with the family, school, and community.