Girls' Soccer Program Policies & Expectations
Shawano Soccer Team Guidlines
Athletes are expected to do the following:
1. Follow all rules listed in the WIAA handbook.
2. Follow all rules listed within this document.
3. Follow all rules stated in the Activities Code.
1. Dressed and ready for practice on time, no street clothes for practice.
2. Attend all practices and games even if they are not participating.
3. Absences from games or practice require a written excuse, email, text or phone call from a parent.
4. Any unexcused absence, beyond one, will result in disciplinary action to be determined by the coach.
5. Practice times are typically from 4:00 PM until about 6:00 PM during school days. Note that practice times are flexible and may be changed due to weather conditions.
6. Athletes must use the mode of transportation provided by the school. An athlete who travels to a site with the soccer team must return with the team. The only exception to this rule would be with the permission from the building principal or the Activities Director for unusual circumstances. This request must be in writing and signed by the Principal or Activities Director and given to the coach prior to leaving on the trip. In case of an emergency the coach can release the athlete to a parent at the site on a verbal request from the parent.
1. Mr. Croschere can be contacted any time, at least voicemail or a text, the number is (906)361-0570.
2. Please contact me as soon as possible if you are going to miss a game or practice for any reason.
1. Players are expected to participate in warm-ups, drills, scrimmages, practices, and games to the best of their ability.
2. Behavior to and from games must be excellent. If it is determined that a player cannot behave on away games, they will no longer attend away games.
3. Sportsmanship, fair play, and a positive attitude will be expected of all players.
4. Any unsportsmanlike conduct, as determined by coaches or referees, will result in disciplinary action to be determined by the coach and/or the Athletic Director.
1. The loss or damage to the uniforms will result in paying full replacement cost or a fine. Any uniforms that are issued to the player should be the uniform that the player returns at the end of the season. Note that some items are not issued right at the beginning of the season.
2. Uniforms should be turned in to the coach within one week of the completion of the last game or practice. Failure to turn in any part of a uniform may result in loss of any award and/or a fine.
3. Uniforms should be cleaned and in satisfactory condition when they are returned. If you have any initial problems with the uniform please let me know about it as soon as possible.
4. Dress for game days will be determined by the coaches.
1. Athletes must have 5 practices before playing in any games.
2. Grades will be checked periodically for eligibility.
3. Playing time will be determined by the coach. Failure to comply with any part of these rules will be handled with loss of playing time at the coach’s discretion.
1. Attend 90% or more of all practices, these CANNOT be made up.
2. Play in 75% or more of the varsity games.
3. No more than 2 unexcused absences. Unexcused means you do not let me know personally about the absence before it happens.
4. Fourth year soccer players and foreign exchange players will be considered for an automatic letter as long as they meet other criteria.
5. Meet all expectations outlined in the Athletic Code provided by the school.
I look forward to seeing all of you at the games.